The brief, wondrous life of George Magazine—and the Gore Vidal essay deemed too risqué by John F. Kennedy Jr.
Featuring: Hugo Lindgren and RoseMarie Terenzio.
Additional Source Material
- Fairy Tale Interrupted: A Memoir of Life, Love, and Loss
- Daily Mail: Cindy Crawford appeared on George cover after Carolyn Bessette pitched the idea to John F Kennedy Jr, but it was the supermodel who decided to tear her shirt to showcase her abs
- The New York Times: Gore Vidal Dies at 86; Prolific, Elegant, Acerbic Writer
- Esquire: The Inside Story of John F. Kennedy Jr.’s George Magazine
- The Hollywood Reporter: John F. Kennedy Jr. and George Magazine: A Story of Politics, Love and Loss, 20 Years Later
- The New York Times: George Didn’t Look Like This in 1789
- RestlessRick: John F. Kennedy Jr.’s George Magazine folds in 2001 (YouTube)